Etsy

Hall of Awesome

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Streaking Across the Desert in a Rocket Car.

So far the "Big Push" has been a personal success. I managed to open the Etsy store and sold two hats already! I also created a bunch of dolls and put them on the site and I built a unique kit for battling vampires which got like over 100 views in only a couple of days!

I think the best feeling for any artist is keeping busy even if what you create isn't any kind of financial success it still feels good that you actually followed through  with your projects and got them out of your brain. Whenever an idea pops into your head it's almost like a virus that spreads around and takes over your thoughts and the only way you can get this thing out of your body is to create it. The more you procrastinate, the worst it gets until you get obsessed or depressed about it.

I've also had to spread my social wings and joined countless social media groups in order to promote my stuff:
You can find me here on:

 Twiter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Etsy, Google+, YouTube, SoundCloud and  Cafe Press .

That's another thing about art. In order to be a success, you have to open yourself up socially which is one of the scariest things, even for non-artist. It' s like a process of un-learning.

My goal so far is to keep going forward and never look back no matter if this all crashes and burns, at least I was in a rocket car streaking across the salt flats at 300 MPH when it happened.

That's all, Alex

No comments: